GET FAMILIAR WITH US AND HOW WE WORK
We want you to be comfortable with your decisions. Read our studio policies and get to know us and how we work. We ask everyone to be familiar with our policies before they book and feel free to ask any questions. NOTE: Many of your questions may be answered on our FAQs page.
Your session fee includes the photographer’s time and talent in your guided photo shoot. It includes a pre-consultation call to design your photo shoot if you choose, styling and set design, plus access to our studio wardrobe (as applicable). We will do the tedious task of sorting through the hundreds of images from your photo shoot and sort it down to the 'Very Best' images and pull them together, creating a beautiful portfolio of images. All images are custom finished with special editorial ‘Image Edits’ in our signature studio style. Beauty Retouching services (for skin polishing, blemish removal, etc.) are sold separately unless offered with your chosen purchased package. Your session also includes time for a private 'Reveal & Ordering' session where all of your beautiful finished images will be presented to you for viewing, selection, and purchase in packages such as digital's and in print formats if you wish. Digital images and printed products are not included as part of the session fee. Session fees are non-refundable but are transferable if you prefer to give your purchased session as a gift. Photo sessions may be rescheduled.
BOOKING & PAYMENT
- The Photo Session fee (and any requested hair and make up services) is due in full at the time of booking in order to guarantee your session date and time. Session fees are sent to you via a electronic invoice which you will receive via email and may be paid by credit card.
- Taxes may apply for certain products & services depending on the US state.
- Credit card, check and cash are accepted. All credit card transactions incur a 3% credit card service fee.
- Once your session payment has been processed, your session date & time will be confirmed as 'booked'.
CANCELLATIONS & RESCHEDULING
We understand things come up in life. If you need to reschedule, we ask that you give us 96 hour notice and no rescheduling fee will apply. If you cancel or reschedule within the 96 hour time frame your session fee & hair and makeup fees will be saved and applied towards the next available date we are able to schedule your session. There are no weekday or weekend restrictions of dates for rescheduling. We will work with you to find the next available studio date that accommodates you.
You have up to 1 year to reschedule your photo shoot, after which your session fee may be forfeited if no notice is made to the studio. We try to be flexible and accommodating as much as possible. But in order to be fair to our hair and make up artists and other clients who are waiting for booking times, the below policies have been set forth for cancellations and rescheduling. All rescheduling or cancellation notices must be made by email to Monica@InsideTheStyleStudio.com or Monica@MonicaHahnPhotography.com. We will respond to your cancellation or rescheduling notice by email with confirmation. Instagram, social media or other forms of notification are not accepted. If you do not receive confirmation then we have not been notified (ie, if you email after studio hours or on holidays we may not see your email till the next business day).
SAN DIEGO STUDIO Policies:
- If you reschedule less than 72 hours notice of your photo shoot or if this is your second time rescheduling, a $50 rescheduling fee may apply.
- If you cancel on the night before or day of your photo shoot, all fees will be forfeited including any hair and make up fees.
- Failure to provide notice of a cancellation or a 'no show' on the day of the photo shoot will result in the complete forfeiture of your session fees and any another services related to that session date (ie, Hair and make up services, model posing classes, etc).
- Hair & Makeup services are provided by our stylists which are independent contractors. Cancellation notices for their services are made through the studio on your behalf. A 72 hour notice is required for rescheduling or cancellation of hair and makeup services to avoid forfeiture of hair and makeup services fees.
NEW YORK & LOS ANGELES STUDIO Policies:
- If you need to reschedule or cancel, a 96 hour prior notice is required for our NY or LA studio bookings or forfeit of your session fee or booking deposit will apply. This also includes any hair and makeup fees or other related services associated with that booking date.
- If this is your second time rescheduling for the same session, a $50 rescheduling fee may apply.
- Failure to provide notice of a cancellation or a 'no show' on the day of the photo shoot will result in the complete forfeiture of all fees and any another services related to that session date (ie, Hair and make up services, model posing classes, etc).
- Hair & Makeup services are provided by our stylists which are independent contractors. Cancellation notices for their services are made through the studio on your behalf. A 96 hour notice is required for rescheduling or cancellation of hair and makeup services to avoid forfeiture of hair and makeup services fees.
MAKEOVERS: HAIR & MAKE UP SERVICES
Most of our clients treat themselves to a pampering makeover with one of our professional Hair and Make Up Artists (aka: "H&MUA"). All of our stylist (H&MUA) are professionals in the industry and have been hand selected by our studio for their quality of work, their high end styling and beautiful finish work. You'll find many of them have worked on creating looks and styles for fashion shows, runway events, photo shoots, and bridal events. Several have worked on the likes of NYFW, Couture FW, Project Runway, and have been featured in Fashion and Bridal Publications.
For major events we will pull together our team to bring our 'Beauty Bar' team to create an 'Inside the Style Studio' space for your event; providing full/partial make overs.
Our H&MUA's are their own entities and hence are covered as their own entities and not as part of our studio. Our studio will bring the talent to you for your styling and make overs, but you are booking our stylist as their own individual. Payment and scheduling will be coordinated and processed by our studio, but our studio is not responsible or liable for make up application or hair styling by these individuals nor are we responsible for the hair and/or make up products and services used to create the looks for client shoots.
If you have ALLERGIES to any cosmetic or hair products, brushes or any application types - it is your responsibility to let your stylist know ahead of time. All Hair and Makeup artists are freelance stylist. Please make known any concerns with your styling and application to your stylist prior to getting started. Inside The Style Studio with Monica Hahn Photography is not liable or responsible for the work or services of your hair and makeup artist. Questions about particular brands and products used for the client shoots should be directed directly to the specified H&MUA assigned to the shoot. Our studio will be glad to put you in touch with your H&MUA so you can ask any questions important to you.
THE PHOTO SHOOT
RECORDINGS & CELL PHONE PHOTOS
• Recording devices or any kind including Camcorders, Cameras and including Cell Phone photos or recordings are NOT permitted at your photographic session. Please leave all camera equipment, or said devices at home. Your session may be cut short or forfeited if you these rules are not abided by. You may however ask your photographer permission to take certain behind the scenes shots (ie, surprise
day announcements on set). Approval is up to the discretion of the photographer.
• ALL clients of Inside The Style Studio, Monica Hahn Photography, or FenceOgraphy MUST sign a model release and contract. This release will acknowledge that the subject being photographed is being photography by their own will and accord. This model release also allows our studio to show our photographic work on our website and other marketing areas to showcase and promote our work. If you do not want to be featured as part of our online work portfolio, we respect your privacy and will refrain upon your written request. You can read full details on the model consent and release form which can be provided to you at any time.
THE REVEAL & ORDERING SESSION
After your photo session, we will schedule an in-person Reveal & Ordering session (aka Viewing Session). At your personal viewing, you will be presented with a personal portfolio of your edited images. They will be displayed on our beautiful large screen. We are here to help you make selections and also show you the variety of specialty products (albums, folio boxes, etc) and ways for you to enjoy and share your images. The session takes about 1+ hours depending on number of images. Some people are quicker to make selections, others like to linger over each photo. There is no time limit in your reveal and ordering session. We want you to make all the right decisions but we ask that all final selections be made in this session time. Additional viewing session will be $75 so please be sure all parties who will be helping you make decisions are present at the time of your Reveal Viewing & Ordering session.
ORDERING & PAYMENT PLANS
• Orders are to be placed on the day of your viewing whether on-line or in-studio viewing.
• Cash, checks and credit cards are accepted.
• Credit cards incur a 3% convenience fee.
• Payment plan options are available for certain packages. Digital and print images are delivered upon final payment.
• If you choose a payment plan option the first payment is required before processing. Subsequent payments are due in 30 day increments.
• Please note that our studio policy requires your complete order be placed before we start processing any portion of your order.
• All digital images are final and not returnable or exchangeable due to the nature of the digital format. Once an email with your images attached or link to your downloadable images are sent to you, digital image selections can not be changed. Digital image selections may be added but not changed once downloadable images are sent to you.
• Edits can be made to your print orders so long as our studio has not already placed your order with the print house.
• You can add onto your order at any time.
• All digital images come with rights to print. So you may print your photos anywhere you wish.
• All digital images come with 'Personal use' rights but the studio retains ownership of the original and edited image. 'Commercial usage' rights may be purchased if requested, please inquire.
• Un-ordered images will be deleted after 30 days from date of first viewing.
• Be sure to download all your images AS SOON as you receive your online digital portfolio. We are not responsible for holding your digital images once they are released to you.
PRINTS & PRINTED PRODUCTS
• All printed products are considered custom orders and hence can not be returned or exchanged.
• Prints can only be purchased or made from digital images which have been paid for prior.
• Prints, Printed Products and Reprint orders can be made at any time throughout the year, while your purchased images are on file.
• Printed products ordered by clients online through the website or your personal online portfolio are the sole responsibility of the client whom is ordering. Changes, questions and concerns with printing and ordering must be taken up directly with the print house in which you ordered from. Our studio will do our best to help facilitate, but ultimate responsibility lies with the client who placed the order and the print house from which it was ordered.
• Prints ordered directly through our studio will be managed and coordinated through our studio staff. Any issues or changes with your order can be placed with our studio staff.
CUSTOM DESIGNED LAYOUTS / COMP CARDS
• Comp cards are custom designed layouts. They will be sent to you to proof and provide your final consent before we send to print. You will have the chance to request any edits or changes made after your first proof as part of your design service. Additional edits to the design will be charged at $25.
FREE PHOTO SHOOT SESSION VOUCHERS
Free photo shoot session vouchers given as part of a package are good for 1 year from date of purchase. Extensions for use of the voucher is available to you upon written request. The voucher is good towards full priced sessions only. Mini sessions or discounted and/or promotional packages at special rates or with special terms excluded from use. You may gift your photo shoot session voucher to a friend, but the studio MUST be notified by owner of the voucher in email before it will be honored to the one you gifted the voucher to. Please note that free photo shoot session vouchers have a specified dollar amount and do not include digital images or prints unless otherwise confirmed with client via email. Note that sessions for head shots are different than regular portrait photo shoots. Final digital packages and other offering vary in options and pricing. Head shots require less time, include less photo compositions, poses, backdrops, and less editing and culling; hence final packages and offering are sold at a lower cost.
PRINT VOUCHERS & CREDITS
Print vouchers included with purchased portfolios are good for 6 months from date of purchase. If you need an extension in time to use your print voucher, we will be glad to grant that to you but written notice must be given, Print vouchers are not transferable so please do not try to 'gift' your print voucher to another. It will not be valid.
RETURNS & EXCHANGES
• Due to the custom nature of the products and services provided, all sales are final. Items cannot be returned or exchanged. You may add on to your order at any time, but a sale is considered final at the time of sale.
• Once digital files have had their final retouching and/or have been ‘unlocked’ online, they are no longer exchangeable for another image.
• We are available for location sessions, events and commercial sessions at most destinations for the length of your event. A travel fee may apply for distances more than 20 miles from our studio. If an overnight/weekend stay is required, it is the responsibility of the client to assume financial coverage of lodging and meals unless otherwise agreed upon.
• I take the utmost care with respect to the proper exposure, retouching, and archiving of your digital images. In the unlikely event of data loss, camera equipment malfunction or photographer illness that prevents the undertaking of the session, photographer’s liability will be limited to the refund of all session fees, or a new session can be scheduled at no additional cost to the client.
If you have further questions, please call the studio, email us directly or go to the CONTACT PAGE